Family Fun Center
New modern arcade with snack bar.Go Cart Track,
Slick Track. Kidz Karts.
Bumper Boats. Bicycle Rentals. Having "fun" is
or Low-Cost Things To Do
- For a few dollars
you can pick up a kite and some string at
local stores. Go to the beach and fly it.
The Cranberry Coast of Washington is so
famous for kite flying that there are
many kite stores and the annual kite
Festival of Winds.
- Our beaches are an
outstanding birdwatching area.Along the
mudflats and sand bars you'll see dozens
of species of shorebirds feeding, and
brown pelicans, great blue herons and
bald eagles soaring overhead.
- Go to the beach at dusk and watch the
- Visit the Maritime Museum
- Use your camera or camcorder to record
beach scenes along the coast.
- Buy picture postcards and send them to
family and friends at home.
- Collect agates on the beach.
- Find a special piece of driftwood
along the beach.
- Feed the gulls, using day-old bread
from local bakeries.
- Buy souvenirs in local shops for
friends and childen back home.
- See the tallest lighthouse on the west
coast, Grays Harbor Lighthouse. Located
in Westport on the Ocean Avenue Beach
- Drive the scenic 40 mile Cranberry
Coast Loop, off Highway 101.
- Take photos of the cranberry bogs.
- Buy a book and relax.
- Build a sand castle on the beach.
- Take a stroll on the Westport Marina (the
largest marina on the Washington coast)
- Check out the Salmon Rearing Pens at
feeding time. Located on Float 4 in
- Visit the Port of Grays Harbor
Observation Tower. The 3 story tower
gives a birds eye view of the Grays
Harbor Bar, Half Moon Bay, the North and
South Jetties, and ship traffic. Located
on the corner of Cove Street and Neddie
Rose Drive, in Westport. During a storm,
it is a great place to watch the waves
crashing over the revetment wall below.
- At Westhaven State Park you can watch
the surfers catch the big waves any time
of the year, hunt for agates and
driftwood, or just watch the waves roll
- Go to Harriet Dorland Municipal Park,
located off of Montesano Street in
Westport. There's great Big-Toys for the
kids to play on, and public restrooms are
- Look for YOUR name on a boat.
- Find the plaque for Fort
- Canoe or kayak the North River
- Spend a great day fishing or
crabbing off the docks in Tokeland
- Breath the clean air
- Go surfing.
- Find a glass ball.
- Get a sun tan.
- Look for deer, elk, bears.
- Enjoy the bicycle trails on the
- Sleep in--you're on vacation, so take
it easy. ;o)